Listing your home to sell
YOUR GUIDE TO A SUCCESSFUL
LAY THE FOUNDATION
DO OUR HOMEWORK
MARKETING YOUR HOME
LAY THE FOUNDATION
REAL ESTATE BUILT AROUND PEOPLE
Selling your Calgary home. I know that having a handle on your wants, needs, and expectations early on ensures we're always working towards the same goal, together.
YOUR HOME TOGETHER
This step is crucial - it's where we'll discuss recommended actions like staging or de-cluttering and also where we'll talk openly about your home's best features as well as any drawbacks we see.
It's here you'll provide valuable insight about what drew you to the home in the first place, which will help me market the home most effectively.
DO OUR HOMEWORK
COMPARATIVE MARKET ANALYSIS
In order to get top dollar for your home, I do thorough research to help you determine a listing price. I'll complete what is known as a comparative market analysis - using both currently listed properties and sold properties in your area.
By adjusting for feature differences - such as when the property sold, where the property is located and characteristics of the home, a data driven estimate of value can be made.
Pricing your home properly from its first day on the market is critical to your success as a seller.
Our goal is to price your home correctly from the start. Doing so will save you time, and most importantly, money.
Market knowledge is the only solution to correct pricing. The familiarity and experience I have with our local market helps to yield the most accurate, reasonable listing price for your home.
Working with distinguished photographers, we'll create a look that showcases your home at its highest potential to ensure that these spaces look as beautiful online and in print, as they do in real life.
These images are the first impression you make on potential buyers, and high-quality images give you a professional look and competitive edge.
MARKETING YOUR HOME
Placement on the MLS
Once your home is listed on the Multiple Listing Service, the details,
specs, and photos are disseminated nationally. This is paramount
when it comes to selling property - as it will be exposed to over
thousands of web, video, social media and mobile sites.
Real estate agents throughout your area are notified directly through the MLS about your listing and can now begin bringing prospects to view your property.
MAXIMUM EXPOSURE ON AN
EXTENDED PARTNER NETWORK
Besides listing properties on the Multiple Listing Service, we also
feed them into the top recognizable real estate websites through our
Partner Network Platform.
More exposure on these sites means a larger buyers pool - helping you land the best deal on the sale of your home.
Social Marketing Channels
Utilizing popular social media networks, such as Facebook, Instagram,
& Youtube is another way we'll market your property.
Social sharing is a powerful real estate tool that makes it possible to quickly find listings and local information passed along by friends and acquaintances.
Hosting an open house will give buyers an opportunity to browse your
property in a stress-free environment. Prospective buyers will see an
advertisement for the open house on multiple platforms from MLS
notification, agent to agent , social media or your front yard. This
marketing will make your home available to buyers who didn't originally
consider themselves serious.
Open houses also allow us to receive instant feedback about the home to find out what buyers like, or do not like, about your home. If we need to do any additional staging or decluttering, we can make necessary changes quickly.
every step of the way
Finding you the right buyer
Advocating on your behalf
Avoiding paperwork & contract headaches
Smoothly closing your sale
Expert GuidanceResearch the comps in your area & complete a comparative market analysis to determine the best list price for the sale of your property.
• Make recommendations on potential repairs and cleaning of your property, in order to make your home more attractive to buyers.
• Suggest quality professionals, including lawyers, cleaners and inspectors.
• Guide you in making informed decisions leading to a satisfactory sale.
• Present and respond to all offers in a timely manner.
• Negotiate the best price & terms available, always keeping your specific needs in mind.
Responsiveness• Act in good faith at all times
• Adhere to your lawful instructions
• Return calls & emails promptly
• Closely track dates & deadlines & concerns
Accounting• Track receipt of all money deposits
• Receive and deliver all documents in a timely manner
• Communicate with Mortgage Brokers and Lawyers in a timely matter
Loyalty• You are my priority!
• Place your interest above all others
• Keep your personal information strictly confidential
• Place your interest above all others
DISCOVERY & RESEARCH
I will tour your home and give my insights on what will help your sale. We discuss the process and develop initial marketing strategies.
Once an offer has been made, we will review all terms and conditions and respond as needed.
We discuss the value of your home, review the calendar of expectations, sign documents and enter into contract. You're ready to list!
Your buyer will probably hire an inspector to review your home. The inspector is likely to recommend repairs or upgrades and may result in negotiations of those items.
All of our marketing materials are collected. From photography to lock boxes on your home, I make sure everything is prepared for launch day.
The buyer's loan is underwritten and appraisal is performed. All buyer's documentation is verified and we wait for approval.
It's time! Your home's profile is posted online. A yard sign is placed on your property. Any and all marketing materials we've agreed upon will be rolled out.
The lender's requirements have been met and the documents have been ordered. Closing has been scheduled. Lawyer will review all figures and the buyer has a final walk through of your home usually 24-48 hours prior to closing.
Consistent exposure of your home is spread across the marketing platforms. All scheduled events are completed until we reach a sales agreement
The last step! Documents are signed, proceeds received and keys are exchanged. You may cancel your utilities and insurance, and your yard sign is removed from your property. I am there to help after the sale of your home - whenever you need me!
AND EXTERIOR APPEAL
• Cleaning every room and removing
clutter. This alone will make your house
appear larger and brighter.
• Hiring a professional cleaning service every few weeks while the house is on the market.
• Removing items from kitchen counters and closets.
• Removing all personal photos from the walls, and patch the holes where they were removed.
• Re-surfacing soiled or strongly colored walls with a neutral shade, such as offwhite or beige, and applying the same color scheme to carpets and flooring.
• Checking and repairing cracks, leaks and signs of dampness in the attic and basement.
• Repairing holes or damage to plaster, wallpaper, paint and tiles.
• Replacing broken or cracked window panes, molding or other woodwork.
• Keeping the lawn manicured and
• Trimming hedges, weeding flower beds and pruning trees regularly.
• Checking the foundation, steps, walkways, walls and patios for cracks and crumbling
• Inspecting doors and windows for peeling paint.
• Cleaning and aligning gutters/downspouts.
• Inspecting and clearing the chimney.
• Repairing and replacing loose or damaged roof shingles.
• Repairing and repainting loose siding and caulking.
• Keeping walks neatly cleared of ice and snow in the winter.
• Adding colorful annuals near the front entrance in spring and summer.
• Re-sealing an asphalt driveway.
• Keeping your garage door closed.
• Applying a fresh coat of paint to the front door.
SHOW HOME READY IN ONE HOUR
Make the beds
Grab a basket and put personal items of clutter in your car
Make sure the bathroom towels are clean, straightened and match
Wipe down toilets and put the lids down
Wipe down all counter tops and sinks
Open all blinds & Turn on all the lights in the house
Make sure the house temperature is comfortable
Make sure the house smells good, but don't over do the air freshener
Vacuum all carpeted areas, sweep all surfaces
Clean all mirrors
Sweep the front doorway and wipe off the mat
• Make the beds
• Grab a basket and put personal items of clutter in your car
• Make sure the bathroom towels are clean, straightened and match
• Wipe down toilets and put the lids down
• Wipe down all counter tops and sinks
• Open all blinds & Turn on all the lights in the house
• Make sure the house temperature is comfortable
• Make sure the house smells good, but don't over do the air freshener
• Vacuum all carpeted areas, sweep all surfaces
• Clean all mirrors
• Sweep the front doorway and wipe off the mat
SALEABILITY OF YOUR HOME
Pricing your home for the current market is
important for maximum exposure and ultimately, a
- Factors that determine a property's value:
location, design, amenities, competing properties, economic conditions.
- Factors that have little or no influence:
price the seller originally paid, amount spent on improvements
The real estate market is always fluctuating, and as your agent I will be able to discuss the pros and cons of listing during varied market conditions.
The condition of your property will have a lot to do with the selling price and how quickly it will sell. If there are repairs needed, or if professional staging is required, I will be there to assist and offer my guidance and network.
My focus will be on what we're able to control - market exposure and negotiating offers. I want to get the most qualified buyers into your home, in the least amount of time, and with minimal inconvenience. With a comprehensive marketing plan, your home will get noticed in any market.
Once your home is on the market, it's very important to have information ready to go in case the buyer or lender requests it. Below is a list of items that buyers, lenders, and lawyers might request during this phase of selling your home.
HOA and Condo Communities :
Check in with the HOA or condo board to see if there are any res trictions or policies when li s ting your condo/townhome
If you have any known info regarding as ses sment s , certification letter s or HOA/Condo covenant s , please have those available for buyer s
Manuals for appliances
Receipts of work done to the home - including all major & minor renovations
All keys and garage door openers
Surveys previously done
A list of utility providers & average costs per month
Negotiating the deal
Disclose everything. Be proactive to disclose all known defects to buyers - avoid legal problems later.
Remember your priorities, but also respect the buyer, as this will be their next home & they are nervous about the unknowns.
Ask all of your questions. Offers may include complicated terminology, which can be clarified for you.
Respond quickly. The mood for the buyer to buy is exactly when the offer is made - don't delay.
Meet halfway if there are disagreements about small expenses - split the difference and move on.
Stay calm, even if the situation is tense.
Now that you've decided on an offer, it's time to start the under contract process. There are a few dates and deadlines to be aware of - buyer deposit, inspection, appraisal, and loan conditions. The under contract process can normally take anywhere from 7-14 days.
One of the most crucial steps in buying a home is performing an inspection. The buyers elect to do this if they choose. The buyer's agent will set up a day and time that works for you to have the inspector perform a full inspection on your home. You will be asked to leave during this time. It should take anywhere from 1-4 hours depending on the size of your home. After inspection, the buyer's agent will send an inspection objection requesting specific repairs or replacements, if needed. At this time you can decide which items you agree to fix, repair or replace, if any. Remember, inspection items that affect health and safety are pertinent.
An appraisal will be required by the lender if the buyer is obtaining a loan. The appraisal could come in low, high, or at value. I will guide you through the process on the right moves to make if the appraisal comes in low. After the appraisal, we wait for the loan conditions deadline for the buyer and are that much closer to the closing table.
THE CLOSING PROCESS
FINALIZES THE SALE OF
YOUR HOME AND
AS SETTLEMENT, THE
CLOSING IS WHEN YOU
GET PAID AND THE
BUYER RECEIVES THE
TITLE TO YOUR HOME.
A FEW THINGS TO BRING TO
WHAT TO EXPECT
The real estate lawyer will look over the purchase contract and identify what payments are owed and by whom/ prepare documents for the closing; conduct the closing/ make sure taxes, title searches, real estate commissions and other closing costs are paid; ensure that the buyer's title is registered; and ensure that you receive any money due to you.
Sellers commonly pay the following at closing: